We all know that a self-care practice is something that we should incorporate into our everyday living. But too often than not, our own personal care comes at the expense of taking care of others. Often it just doesn’t occur to us to do something nice for ourselves or we simply don’t know what to do.
We would like to help our CSY Community by sharing ideas each month to establish a self-care routine as a welcoming and cherished practice. Try adding a few of these ideas into your day.
Here are some self-care ideas for July.
- plan an adventure (something close to home or venturing beyond your neighborhood)
- pamper your feet (enjoy a long foot soak, fresh new polish, indulge in a pedicure, walk barefoot in the grass)
- get that haircut you have been waiting for (it’s been months since we have all visited a hair salon!)
- enjoy fresh produce (now is the time to eat fresh produce and support local farmers)
- savour your favourite summer fruit (strawberries, cherries, peaches)
- wash your hands (more important now than ever)
- wear a mask (take care of yourself and others)
- get outside (we have been cooped up for months, enjoy the outdoors and breath in the fresh air and enjoy the warm sunshine)
- visit with friends while enjoying the outdoors
- commit to your home yoga, meditation, breathing practice
Share your July self-care tips below!